Tuesday, August 29, 2017

THE SIERRA NEVADA SECTION OF THE PACIFIC CREST TRAIL

 1235015_10102414913815221_3338492828396707051_n

 
http://homemadewanderlust.com/

 

About Me

Hey there!

My name is Jessica Mills, but in the hiking world people call me “Dixie.” Although I was born in Florida, I ‘grew up’ in Opelika, AL. I spent the majority of my summers with my grandparents who were backyard gardeners that grew up on farms. At a young age, I developed a love for the outdoors. Watching TV is never a desire of mine, unless it is football season–War Eagle! I graduated from Auburn University in 2012 with a degree in Biosystems Engineering and a minor in Agronomy and Soils.

For a year and a half I was a resident of Colorado and it was an amazing experience! I resigned from my job there and began my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail in March 2015. Although that journey ended in October 2015 when I summited Mt. Katahdin, it was only the beginning to a new chapter of my life. I am currently thru-hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and have my sights set on the Continental Divide Trail next year in 2018.

I am an advocate of being outdoors as I feel we can learn a lot about ourselves and life in general while out in nature. Whether it’s taking an evening stroll, catching lightning bugs or gardening, I think everyone can benefit from smelling the roses now and then!
If you have any questions about hiking/backpacking, check out my informational videos on YouTube!

Happy Trails 

Jessica “Dixie” Mills

HomemadeWanderlust@gmail.com


Goldtrader has been following Dixie's journey this summer on YouTube having hiked all over the Sierra Nevada in his youth.

Just watch this video on your big screen with headphones on if you have them. and turn the lights out and let it envelope you.


 

No comments: