Wednesday, April 25, 2012

FROM NATURAL NEWS.COM

Don't make this big mistake...


The big mistake that "preppers" are making right now is buying up large quantities of stored food, ammunition, emergency medicine, radios and other gear -- and then forgetting about it!
I cannot emphasize the foolishness of such an approach. I can assure you, because I've heard this first hand, that there are huge numbers of less-than-ethical people who aren't buying anything except a rifle and some bullets. Astonishingly, their entire "preparedness plan" consists of -- and these are their own words -- "Using our guns to acquire everything else we need."
That means, of course, going from house to house, community by community, raiding, looting and stealing from anybody who has something they want. Seriously, this is the plan! One guy I know of, who is a respectable professional in society today, is also a pilot. When I asked him if he was going to buy a small plane so that he could fly out of Dodge when the SHTF, you know what he told me? "Nope, I'm just buying another pistol. With the pistol, I can GET a plane." (Wow. I was just shocked to hear it.)
This psychology is rampant across the culture. It's far worse than you think. There are huge swaths of individuals and groups who are locked and loaded, ready to simply take what they want by force once there is an absence of law enforcement in their area. This is the "gang mentality" that is very real, and very deeply ingrained in the minds of many people across America and the entire world.
Defending yourself against these armed gangs isn't too difficult, it turns out. Even armed gangs are looking for easy targets that reduce their risk of injury or death. All it takes to encourage a typical armed gang to go somewhere else is to send some lead flying in their direction, especially if it's from more than one person in your household, community or town. But doing that requires a set of skills, an early detection system, and some basic knowledge of firearms and ammo. As most NaturalNews readers lack this information, I have decided to present it in a non-hunting, non gun culture way, from one reasonable person to another, where each of us is a law-abiding, ethical citizen who simply wishes to protect our families, communities and private property from looters and thieves.
I hope it never comes to this. I really do. But I'm also not so naive that I think we can just call 911 and expect the local government to send guys with guns to fight on our behalf. That might work in a peaceful city, but once things break down, dialing 911 is about as useful as wishing on a falling star.

No comments: